Captured call data gives you total visibility into deals.
About Amazon Connect
Amazon Connect is an easy to use omnichannel cloud contact center that helps companies provide superior customer service at a lower cost from next-gen cloud architecture, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and call center routing.
Improve your sales process
Gong reveals what your best reps are doing differently over the phone: what questions they're asking, how they’re discussing pricing, and what their talk-to-listen ratio is. It then compiles the best plays into your winning playbook so you can spread the wisdom.
Find keywords in any sales conversation. Gong transcribes and indexes everything so you can easily find that call where your competitor was mentioned or make sure your reps are on script.
Easily share sales calls with customers or internally. Ask for feedback, tag team members to get them involved, and pinpoint areas for improvement. Encourage team collaboration and help reps win more deals together.
Speaker Separation Type: Mono Vs. Stereo Recording
Speaker separation type for this provider: Stereo
When Gong analyzes phone calls imported from modern PBX systems, audio is provided to Gong in two channels: one channel includes the recorded Gong user, and the other channel includes the customer. In addition, Gong knows which extension (or, in the more general case, which recorded Gong user) the call is associated with.
In this case, Gong associates one side of the call with the recorded Gong user and the other side with the other party. This ensures maximum accuracy as long as the PBX system records audio consistently across the channels.
How the integration works
CTR/metadata and audio/recordings are fetched from S3, where they are stored in separate buckets.
Before you begin
- There are 2 options to give Gong access to your S3 bucket:
- Create general access credentials for both S3 buckets, and set Gong to retrieve CTR/metadata files and audio/recordings using those credentials.
- Have Gong define a dedicated user to access both S3 buckets to retrieve CTR/metadata files and audio/recordings - contact Gong Support to set this up.
- Make a note of the information you need for your chosen access method:
- AWS S3 access key ID (for general access method only)
- AWS S3 secret access key (for general access method only)
- S3 path - the file path to the CTR/metadata files in the format, region/bucket/root. We get the location of the audio/recording from the CTR/metadata file, so there's no need to specify it.\ For example, us-east-1/aws-connect/prod/12346789.\ This means the files are located in aws-connect, in the us-east-1 AWS region, and all file keys are prefixed with "prod/12346789/".\ Also, make sure the path leads to a folder structure that includes the date /yyyy/mm/dd/hh/. For example, "/my-ctr-records/2020/08/16/18/ctr-data-stream-1-2020-08-16-18-03-56-d8b0192c-1109-4a9b-99e6-9947532730e3".\ Note\ By default, the data is saved in Amazon Kinesis (https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/connect/data-streaming/). You may need to add a Kinesis Datastream to write the files to S3.
- In Gong, in your company Settings page, go to Integrations > Telephony systems.
- Click + Add telephony system and then choose Amazon Connect.
- According to your chosen access method, enter:
- S3 Access Key ID (for general access method only)
- S3 Secret Access Key (for general access method only)
- S3 Path to the CTR/metadata files in the following format: region/bucket/root. (See notes above)
- Select the Speaker Channel to the desired channel.
- Click CONNECT.