Webex by Cisco
Capture all web conferences, understand what's being said and deliver real-time insights.
About Webex by Cisco
Webex by Cisco is the leading enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. Web conferencing, cloud calling and equipment.
Record, Transcribe, And Annotate Your Webex Meetings
Dozens of sales teams use Gong to automatically record, transcribe, and analyze Webex meetings. It helps them get field visibility like never before, upskill their sales reps, and ramp new hires faster. Read on to learn how the Webex integration works, or request a demo to see it in action.
Automatically Record Every Webex Meeting
Whether it’s an internal meeting, or an external sales call, you can set up Gong to automatically capture and record every Webex meeting. Gong scans your reps’ calendars for events that contain their Webex link. It then “auto-joins” their scheduled Webex calls, recording the audio, video, and screen share.
Transcribe Your Webex Meetings
Having hundreds of Webex meeting recordings is useless if you can’t find what you’re looking for. Think of Gong as a search engine for your Webex recordings. Gong transcribes your Webex recordings from speech to text, turning them into searchable data. You can find specific meetings with ease and search for keywords that were spoken during any individual Webex meeting.
Annotate, Review, And Collaborate On Your Webex Meetings
Bring efficiency and collaboration to reviewing your Webex recordings. Zero in on key moments by searching for any spoken word, understand what topics were discussed throughout the call, and make time-stamped comments and annotations for feedback and collaboration.
How to Connect
With the Webex integration, Gong uses Webex's API to get information on upcoming scheduled meetings for better host and participant recognition, helping toset the meeting host as the call owner where relevant.
- You need to be a Gong Tech Admin to coonect
- You also need to be or get help from your organization's Webex admin.
Before You Begin
If you are not the Webex admin in your org, ask the Webex admin to set the following setting in Webex:
- In Webex, make sure the Enable third-party apps and developers to integrate with Webex Meetings using XML APIs checkbox is selected.
The checkbox can be found:
- If your org uses Webex by Cisco Site Administration, in Webex > Site Admin > Common Site Settings > Options.
- If your org uses Cisco Control Hub, in Webex > Site Admin > Common Site Settings > Third-party integration.
Connect Webex and Gong
- In Gong, in your company settings page, click Web Conferencing.
- In the Webex row, click SETTINGS.
- Click CONNECT.
- Follow the instructions to sign in to your Webex admin account, and authorize access to Webex meeting data.
Gong asks for the "all_read" scope, which gives Gong read-only privileges to access all Webex resources available to the authenticated user (learn more about Scopes for Webex integrations here).