When you capture call data, you capture deal clarity.
Meet the #1 rated phone solution for sales teams who track, analyze, and coach on their customer conversations.
Improve your sales process
Gong reveals what your best reps are doing differently over the phone: what questions they're asking, how they’re discussing pricing, and what their talk-to-listen ratio is. It then compiles the best plays into your winning playbook so you can spread the wisdom.
Find keywords in any sales conversation. Gong transcribes and indexes everything so you can easily find that call where your competitor was mentioned or make sure your reps are on script.
Easily share sales calls with customers or internally. Ask for feedback, tag team members to get them involved, and pinpoint areas for improvement. Encourage team collaboration and help reps win more deals together.
Speaker Separation Type: Mono Vs. Stereo Recording
Speaker separation type for this provider: Stereo
When Gong analyzes phone calls imported from modern PBX systems, audio is provided to Gong in two channels: one channel includes the recorded Gong user, and the other channel includes the customer. In addition, Gong knows which extension (or, in the more general case, which recorded Gong user) the call is associated with.
In this case, Gong associates one side of the call with the recorded Gong user and the other side with the other party. This ensures maximum accuracy as long as the PBX system records audio consistently across the channels.
How to Connect
There are two methods that Gong can use to to integrate with Truly:
Webhooks - Truly notifies Gong when each call is ready, and the call is then ingested by Gong. Note that historic calls cannot be retrieved using the webhooks method, however this method does not require Salesforce setup.
Salesforce - Gong can retrieve 90-days worth of historic calls using this method, however Gong must be connected to Salesforce.
- Make sure calls are being recorded in Truly
- If the webhooks method is NOT used to integrate with Truly, ignore steps 7, 9-10:
- In the Truly Admin panel, go to the API Credentials section and obtain the Application ID and Application Secret. If you cannot obtain these two items, contact Truly Support or the Truly CSM.
- In Gong, go to the Settings page and click Telephony systems.
- Click + Add telephony system.
- Select Truly.
- Enter the Application ID and Application Secret in the space provided.
- Set the speaker channel to the desired channel
- Copy the URL in the note, and replace <Application ID> with your Application ID.
- Click CONNECT.
- In Truly, go to the Edit Webhook section of the Truly Admin Console.
- Paste the URL (see step 7) in the URL field, and check Recording Is Ready event. If you cannot perform this action contact Truly Support or the Truly CSM.