Zendesk lets you deliver personalized solutions to complex issues with integrated call center software.
How to connect
This article describes the following two connection options:
- How to integrate the Zendesk telephony system with Gong
- How to connect to Zendesk with the goal of creating support tickets from call transcripts
How to integrate the Zendesk telephony system with Gong
Create a new integration in Zendesk
In Zendesk Support, click Manage, and then select API in the Channels category.
Click the OAuth Clients tab on the Channels/API page, and then click the plus icon (+) located on the right side of the client list.
Complete the following mandatory fields to create a client:
Unique Identifier: This field is auto-populated with a reformatted version of the name you entered for your app. You can change it if you want. Ideally the name should have no spaces in between the words.
Redirect URLs: Enter https://app.gong.io/dialers/auth/callback
Click Save. After the page refreshes, a new pre-populated Secret field appears on the lower side.
Copy the secret value to your clipboard and save it somewhere safe.
Note: The characters may extend past the width of the text box, so make sure you select everything before you copy.
WARNING: For security reasons, your secret is displayed fully only once. After clicking Save, you'll only have access to the first nine characters.
- Click Save.
Connect Gong to Zendesk
In the Gong Settings page, click Telephony systems.
Click + Add telephony system.
Enter the following info:
Client ID: Unique Identifier from Zendesk
Client secret: Secret from Zendesk
Subdomain: Subdomain of your URL (when you are in Zendesk). For example, if your URL to login is "https://somename.zendesk.com/", then your subdomain is "somename"
How to connect to Zendesk with the goal of creating support tickets from call transcripts
Send a support ticket to your support team
If your org is set up with a Zendesk integration, create support tickets directly from your call transcript to capture the customer issue in their own words. The ticket that gets created includes a link to the selected snippet in the call.
- In the call page, click TRANSCRIPT.
- Highlight the text snippet containing the issue at hand.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, click the share icon and open a support ticket.
- Add your take on the issue, and click Open.
A ticket is created in Zendesk, and the support team is notified. From the ticket, they can see and hear what your customer is really experiencing.
You must be an admin in both Gong and Zendesk to complete the setup.
- In Zendesk, obtain a Zendesk API token by following these instructions:\ https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/226022787-Generating-a-new-API-token-
- From this page, click Install.
- Enter your Zendesk instance name, the token, including the "/token" suffix, and the email address of the person who got the token.
- Test the connection works.
- Click UPDATE.